SAIFRN WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS December 2012
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our website www.saifrn.org (our site), whether as a guest or a registered user. Please read these terms & conditions carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept these terms & conditions and that you agree to abide by them.
Information about us
www.saifrn.org is a site operated by the South Asia Infant Feeding Research Network (SAIFRN) (“we”).
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted subject to our right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below).
We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms & conditions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights to resources published on the site
SAIFRN aims to facilitate information and resources sharing on maternal and child health and nutrition. As a key part of this aim, our site makes available to users documentation, technical briefs, training and research materials and tools (the Resources).
Intellectual property rights in the Resources are either owned by us, we have been granted permission to publish the works on our site, or the Resources are in the public domain. Those works may be protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved and users are required to respect the copyright restrictions that apply to these materials.
You may print off copies, and download extracts, of any Resources from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to resources posted on our site.
The following restrictions and requirements apply to all Resources in addition to any that may apply to individual Resources:
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Resources you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- The authors (and that of any identified contributors) of Resources on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the Resources on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from (as applicable) either us or our licensors or the third party owner of the intellectual property rights in that part of the Resources.
Reliance on information posted
Resources, commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The Resources, commentary and other material displayed on our site are provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
- and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our site;
o any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
o any software used in the provision of our site; or
o any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Contributing material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to contribute material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
By contributing material to our site you represent that it is non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We will decide whether or not to upload and publish contributions to our site at our complete discretion. Once uploaded and published, we have the right to remove any material or posting if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out below.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site and to any use of the private messaging service (contributions).
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter.
The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in Australia and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms and conditions through your use of our site.
When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the content standards constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site or any part of our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material contributed by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such attach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such an attack, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You may only establish a link from a website that is owned by you or for which you have the consent of the owner to establish such a link. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Australian courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
These terms & conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Australia.
We may revise these terms & conditions at any time by amending this page.
You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Some of the provisions contained in these terms & conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
If you have any concerns about material, which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.